Monday, May 30, 2016

Bullhorn

My experience applying for a job with this company was a perfect example of the recruiting incompetence Nick "Ask the Headhunter" Corcodilos often writes about. One of the hot topics concerns employmentpersonality tests. 

After applying for a design job they advertised in December 2013, I received an email commanding me to take A 30 MINUTE PERSONALITY TEST. I deleted the email and mailed them a letter quoting one of ATH's articles, "'People must stop begging for jobs' -- this is where I would place your little 'assessment' which was just an attempt to make me beg for your job opening. I will not beg; I am a human being who has been a member of the professional workforce for 25 years. I refuse to be judged and dismissed by an algorithm because your HR department is too damned incompetent and/or lazy to do it themselves. I hope all other intelligent self-respecting candidates will do exactly the same as I did by dropping your test invitation email into the trash folder. And good luck to your algorithm in finding the 'perfect candidate' from whatever little talent that remains."

It's unfortunate that more job applicants are unwilling to take a similar stand against this stupidity.

No comments: