Monday, May 30, 2016

Global Technical Talent

This is another good example of "recruitment agency" uselessness. On November 12, 2014 I received an email from their recruiter about a six-month visual designer position in Boston. I responded with, “Thank you for your email. While I have the skills listed (including 3D animation), their stipulation that my portfolio be ‘current’ means they won't consider anyone who is unemployed (my last major contract ended one year ago and I have only been working small freelance gigs).” I received no response.

On December 3, this same recruiter emailed me again with the same job description, though the title had now changed to “art director.” I responded, “I responded to an email you sent me back on 11/12 regarding a similar role, which I have pasted below (you never responded).”

Her response: “Apologies, I missed that email below. Right now we have the following role open ‘Art Director’, please let me know you interest.”

I guess she was too lazy to go back and read my initial response, so why should I bother sending it a second time?

On December 10, I received an email from her colleague for the identical job. I guess he didn’t bother to check if the first recruiter had already contacted me. I responded with a cut/paste, “I have already responded about this position to your colleague, X, on 12/3 as follows…”

No response received. And that was the end of that.

No comments: