Monday, May 30, 2016

Citizens Bank Via The Judge Group

On November 14, 2014, I received an email from a recruitment agency, The Judge Group, regarding a six-month contract position with Citizens in Providence. My initial reaction was to tell them they contacted the wrong person because the title in the summary was "Business Analyst." Here is the full job description:


This description alone should have warned me I was dealing with confused souls -- seriously, this is clearly a design job...but, no, they want a business person...but then, they don't want a business person, they want a designer...but then, no, they don't want a designer, they want a business person...I spoke to the woman who emailed me; I pointed out the goofy job title and she said they have since realized they do indeed need a creative person for the role. After some back/forth regarding my one-year employment gap (and demanding my references which they need to contact before even submitting me -- I flat out said "hell, no" to that), she agreed to submit me, which she supposedly did on November 18. The next day, I received the following email from her: "I wanted to let you know that Citizens is going to due to limited experience on the business side." Yeah, she didn't proof her message for grammar, I'm guessing the missing word here is "decline," but anyways...what sort of stupid excuse is this to reject me? Design IS a business and I have been working in the business world since 1986 (I have a BS in business administration).

Luckily, I did not expect a different outcome; it was more a wager of how stupid would the reason given be for disqualifying me.

No comments: