Monday, May 30, 2016

CVS

When it comes to job searching, Rhode Island is just as decrepit as Stinkassachusetts, if not worse (one comment I read in a discussion group said that the only way to get hired in this state is to have an Italian last name). Case in point: CVS. CVS is ALWAYS advertising for designers. Not once was I worthy of a response to my applications, whether they were my own submission through their website or via the many recruitment firms who’d routinely contact me with the usual “your background looks like a great fit for this job at CVS.” In July 2015 another recruiter contacted me about a design job at CVS, and I came right out and told him “no thanks” because it would be a waste of time and effort. He really went out of his way to convince me that he works very closely with the person hiring for this role and he can all but guarantee that I’ll at least get an interview. Okay, I’ll bite, I said. He submitted me, and…CVS was NOT interested in meeting with me. That's the last time I'll ever be swayed by a recruiter (and the last time I bother with CVS).

No comments: