Monday, May 30, 2016

SimpliVity

The point where I realized it was way past time for me to get the hell out of the disgusting state of Stinkassachusetts was reached in April 2014 when I saw “the perfect job” posted by Simplivity. I spent half an hour crafting my cover letter (making sure it had every relevant keyword) and applied via their Jobvite application. This was a Tuesday night at 9:00. At 10:00 am the next morning I received the rejection email. After getting over the shock, I checked two things: the tracking stats for my online portfolio, and my LinkedIn page; I had provided both of these links in my cover letter – when you’re hiring a designer, reviewing their portfolio is more important than the resume; my LinkedIn page was also relevant here as it has some nice recommendations written about my design skills. Well, neither my portfolio nor my LinkedIn page had A SINGLE VISITOR.

The job reappeared on the job boards three months later...then again in August...then again in early September...and again on September 22...and then again one week later. It then began to appear again in late 2015

Pathetic.

No comments: