Monday, May 30, 2016

ICANN

In October 2014, immediately following the loss of my home and my moving into my mother’s basement, I applied for a job they had posted on LinkedIn, with the location being Brussels, Belgium. This seriously excited me, as I was ready to leave this country (I was also applying for ESL teaching jobs, having just completed a TEFL certificate). The HR rep contacted me, I explained that I am looking to relocate internationally, and she explained that the location has changed, that it would more likely be Singapore. I said that’s excellent because my mother plans to move to Australia to be with relatives, and as Singapore is nearby this would work great for the both of us. Following the usual pointless question/answer conversation, I sent her a detailed email follow-up full of additional samples of my work, both links and attachments. I received absolutely NO response from her, and never heard from her again. 

No comments: