Monday, May 30, 2016

T. Rowe Price

Here’s the message I sent to them via Facebook in January 2016:
On August 13, I applied for the Senior Graphic Designer position you advertised on your website (#07422). Three weeks later, I received your rejection email. I have 17 years of design experience, meeting every single requirement listed in the job description, yet I wasn’t even worthy of a telephone screening. I found this quite baffling. I now see that you have just reposted the identical job (only with a different identification number, #08124). Rather than waste my time applying again, I thought I’d reach out to ask exactly what the true “qualifications” are for this position. Clearly, you rejected me for something not mentioned in the job description (like the applicant’s age). If you rejected me because I am in another state, I’d like to inform you that an American citizen does *not* need a special work permit to be eligible for work in another state. You don’t even need a passport. I have taken screenshots of both job postings and look forward to publicly mocking you via social media, which includes sharing this with Nick “Ask the Headhunter” Corcodilos. Also, be aware that the FTC has opened an investigation into companies like yours who use ATSs to discriminate against job applicants (I have sent them my story with the aforementioned screenshots). Companies like yours make America look very bad.

I’d like to point out that jobs posted on LinkedIn show the number of applicants at the bottom of the page. And, every job for which I’ve applied via LinkedIn these past few years has almost always had over one hundred applicants. It is a fact that competition for design jobs is fierce, and designers are a dime a dozen. Which is why there is no excuse for a company to need to readvertise the same design job over and over.

Here’s the lame and useless email I received from their HR twat:
My name is [x] and I manage Talent Acquisition for T. Rowe Price. I want to acknowledge your private message from January 7, 2016 via Facebook which was forwarded to me for review. I appreciate you bringing your concern to our attention and apologize that you were not satisfied with your experience applying for the Senior Graphic Designer position we had posted. I want to assure you that we always evaluate candidates based on their experience and qualifications, and that we have long been dedicated to a policy of equal employment opportunity and committed to providing a workplace that is free of all forms of discrimination. Once again, thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

All I can say here is, what a bunch of crap.

No comments: