Monday, May 30, 2016

Liberty Mutual

Of all the companies I've written about here, this one by far disgusts me the most. I have applied for no less than a dozen jobs with this company over the past three years. The first time was back in June 2013 when I applied for a presentation designer job posted through an agency (I didn't know the client was LM). Because my experience and background were a 100% fit for the job, the recruiter immediately contacted me. She explained that they’ve been “struggling” to fill this job because they need someone who is not only knows how to use PPT but who also has a strong design background. She said she’d submit me and said I should hear from her no later than the next day. FIVE days later, I had not heard back, so I emailed her. Here’s her response: “I am sorry it took me a couple days to get back to you, but I just heard from my account manager that the position is closed. I would assume that they did not move forward because of your strong graphic design background.”

????????

Following this incident, I continued to be contacted by recruiters hired to fill similar jobs at LM, all of them thinking I’m perfect for their opening but, for some odd reason, LM never agreed with them —and the recruiter was never able to give me one single word of legitimate feedback as to why I was rejected. I also routinely apply to design jobs they almost always are trying to fill, with no luck whatsoever. I wonder…could it be my age? Or, am I on their blacklist?

No comments: