Monday, May 30, 2016

International Cruise & Excursions (ICE)

I applied for a senior graphic designer job with this place in October 2014. This job was based in Scottsdale, AZ. Again, I was anxious to get the hell out of Stinkassachusetts and New England, and I was pleasantly surprised that they contacted me to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Sadly, the call with the woman was disappointing, and confirmed my belief that the unemployed will stay unemployed because they are unemployed. I tried my best to “not sound unemployed,” mentioning the few clients I’d worked with over the past year. But she kept harping on the same question of “what specifically have you worked on recently.” I mentioned some of the projects but I’m guessing because they do not appear in my online portfolio they don’t matter. I got the feeling that she was looking for me to admit I was unemployed. After fifteen minutes she ended the call because she had to run to another meeting. I sent a follow-up thank you email, but never heard from this place again.

No comments: