Monday, May 30, 2016

IDEO

This company advertised for a graphic designer position back in June 2014. I applied and, of course, heard nothing. Three months later, they reposted the job on Coroflot. Here’s a snippet from the job description:


"Hot shot?" Excuse me, but I have never thought of myself as a "hot shot," just a simple graphic designer, and a reliable good worker in general, certainly not a "hot shot." Why this company feels the need to demean and disrespect the candidates looking at this ad is beyond me. And, in addition to the essay question, they want a full explanation of the pieces in the applicant's portfolio as part of the cover letter. Now, call me old-fashioned, but I remember a time when this sort of detail was saved for a face-to-face interview.

And, no, I did not apply for this job a second time.

No comments: